Chestertown Tea Party (LH) 2019
Time & Location
About the Event
Notes: This is an all day event with a parade and then an encampment plus a reenactment too! Lots of fun with this event and always a large crowd onsite. See more below for additional information.
From the event organizers:
Street closures start at 9am. Streets will reopen at 5pm.
There is a free shuttle bus service for this event that serves park and ride lots at the Kent Plaza Shopping Center, Radcliffe Creek School, and the Chestertown Business Park (across from Dixon Valve).
Setup on Court House Lawn:
• Please be careful of the irrigation system! The sprinklers are located parallel to the paths. If you are putting stakes into the ground, make sure they are 2-3 feet away from the paths.
• Please do not put your stakes too deep into the ground.
The parade lineup is at Dixon Drive and High Street in the Chestertown Business Park. Parade lineup is at 9am. If not at parade lineup by 9:30am you will not be permitted to march in the parade.
Chestertown Tea Party Reenactment:
2:00pm - Near Main Stage - Tea Party Reenactment Begins - 30 minutes
3:00pm - Living History Demonstrations down near Sultana - 30 minutes
1st Delaware Regiment Specific:
Length of Event: All Day – 9am – 4pm
Arrival Time For Regiment: 8am
Parking: Please park as designated by event organizers.
Restrooms: Portapotties nearby
Food and Beverages Provided: Yes – by Regiment or event organizer for lunch.
Encampment Setup Level: Small
Camp Kitchen Setup: Yes
Camp Kitchen Tent Fly: Yes
Supply Tent Setup: Yes
In Ground or Above Ground Fire Permitted: No
Individual Soldier Tents Permitted: Yes – Indicate to Officer of the Day if bringing your own soldier tent.
Water Provided: Yes – from volunteer staff
Straw Provided: No
Firewood Provided: No
Impression: Delaware Militia / Civilian Dress
Kit Level: Cartridge box, canteen. No bayonet. Civilian accessories.
Musket Firing: Yes
Contact Musician Sergeant-Major for music to be played at this event. Military calls also to be demonstrated too if possible.
Impression: Civilian followers of a military camp.
Table Displays Permitted: Yes – please indicate display you wish to show to Officer of the Day or Civilian Camp Coordinator (if applicable).
Please assist in setup and/or breakdown if possible. Also – please bring camera or video camera to take photographs or video if possible. We will look to take posed photos that will be used to help educate the public if possible at each event this year.
Registered as Attending:
- Chris Mlynarczyk - Military - Soldier - Officer of the Day
- John Foskey - Military - Soldier
- Adam Fahringer - Military - Soldier
- + girlfriend Stephanie Henderson (Supporter)
- Jeff Gibson - Military - Soldier
- Tom Marvel - Military - Soldier
- Terry Dunham - Military - Soldier
- Lou Perna - Military - Soldier
- John Osborn - Military - Soldier
- Mary Torbey - Military - Musician - Fifer - MSM
- Ann Cooper - Military - Musician - Fifer
- Marty Ersts - Military - Musician - Fifer
- Carol Nicastro - Military - Musician - Fifer
- Anthony Gambacorta - Military - Musician - Drummer
- Alicia Gibson - Civilian
- + 2 kids - Beatrix
- and Ellie
- Stephanie Billon - Civilian
- + friend/recruit - Erika (civilian)
- Heloise Osborn - Civilian
- Linzi Hamilton - Civilian
- Andrew House - 1st Maryland - Soldier
- Karen House - 1st Maryland - Civilian