Sat, May 18|
211 Delaware St
Day in Old New Castle (2019)
This is an all day event on a Saturday on the historic Green in historic New Castle, DE. http://www.historicnewcastle.com/historicnewcastle.com/Welcome.html
Time & Location
May 18, 2019, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
211 Delaware St, 211 Delaware St, New Castle, DE 19720, USA
About the event
Notes: This is an event in historic New Castle, DE. We are to be setup on this historic Green area. Please see below for additional information.
From the event organizer:
A Day In Old New Castle is almost here. Attached is the placement maps for the groups either on the Green or Battery Park, parking passes for unloading /loading, and times of scheduled events and performances for the day.
Some helpful information:
• It is advised that you drop off your group’s materials before 9:30 am on the 18th. Street closing from Delaware St down to the Wharf by 9:30am. Market St will be closed with no parking. There will be no parking on Delaware St except for a few handicapped spots. There are unloading/loading areas on 3rd St, Market St and Battery Park to drop off your materials and then you must move your vehicle. The earlier you come you may find street parking close to the Green or parking at the lots on w. 5th St. (library and Methodist Church lots), 2nd and Chestnut Sts (gravel lot), and 4th and Chestnut Streets. Please put your unloading pass behind the windshield.
• There will be someone on the Green/Battery Park to assist you finding your assigned spot, answer questions, and provide you with other information.
• Please follow times in the schedule for your group’s activities. We have to coordinate all group’s times so that all visitors have the opportunity to see and hear everyone. Please respect other performing groups by keeping to the times scheduled for your group.
A DAY IN OLD NEW CASTLE
Saturday, May 19, 2019
Schedule of Activities
TIME ACTIVITY LOCATION
9am-5:45pm Shuttle buses from parking area to Court House to William Penn High School
Last bus leaves Delaware St. at 5:45
9am-5pm Ticket and Information Booth Open Plaza of Court House
10am-4pm Houses and Gardens Open See Map
10am-5pm Encampments, Reenactments, Demonstrations
• Ft. Delaware Coronet Band Encampment– The Green (10-4)
• Ft. Delaware Blacksmith –Willis Phelps – The Green
• Historic Caricatures by Kevin O’Malley – The Green
• Colonial Brewer - Rich Wagner – The Green
• Winterthur Children’s Activity Table – The Green (10-3pm)
• 1st Delaware Regiment Encampment – The Green
• Garrison of New Amstel 1651-1664 Encampment – The Green
• New Sweden Center – The Green
• Delaware Music School Suzuki Violins – The Green
• Colonial Vendors – The Green and Dewey Park
• Pirates of Folly Demonstrations and Shows -Battery Park
• Face Painting and Children’s Activities – Battery Park (11-3:30)
• Bedlam Bones – Battery Park
• Ship Cookery Demonstrations – Battery Park
• Seafaring Vendors- Battery Park
• Tours of the tall ship A J Meerwald – New Castle Dock
• Plein Air Artists Competition – The Green
10-4:00 Historic Churches, Museums, Houses and Gardens Open for Tours:
10-11:00 Immanuel Church Bell Ringers Immanuel Church
11-11:30 Fort Delaware Coronet Band The Green
11-4:00 Tours of the A J Meerwald New Castle Dock
11:30 – 12:00 Firing Demonstration by the Garrison at New Amstel The Green
11:30-12:30 Bedlam Bones (music) The Wharf
11:30-3:30 Face Painting Battery Park
12-4:30 Beer Garden- wine and beers from Yards Brewery The Wharf
12-12:30 Gentlemen’s Duel on the Green The Green
12:30-1:00 Fort Delaware Coronet Band The Green
12:30-1:00 Walking Tour of Fort Casimir Ft. Casimir Site
1:00-2:00 Delaware Music School Suzuki Violins The Green
1:00-2:00 People’s Choice Voting on Plein Air Paintings The Green
Prize Drawing at 2:00
1:00-1:30 Pirates of Fortune Folly Show Battery Park
1:30-2:30 Bedlam Bones The Wharf
2:00-2:30 Firing Demonstration by the Garrison at New Castle The Green
2:00-3:00 Delaware Music School Suzuki Violins The Green
2:30-3:00 Ft. Delaware Coronet Band The Green
3:00-3:30 Pirates of Fortune Folly Show Battery Park
3:30-4:30 Bedlam Bones The Wharf
4:00 Houses/Gardens and A J Meerwald close
4:30 Museums and Beer Garden close
4-5:00 Evensong Immanuel Church
Food Vendors Bailey’ Dawgs Town Hall
Outlandish Food Truck The Wharf
1st Delaware Regiment Specific:
Length of Event: All Day – 10am – 5pm
Arrival Time For Regiment: 9am
Parking: Please park near the historic Green area or use shuttle service from William Penn High School.
Restrooms: Indoors – fully functioning inside Court House Museum
Food and Beverages Provided: Yes – by Regiment or event organizer for lunch.
Encampment Setup Level: Small
Camp Kitchen Setup: Yes
Camp Kitchen Tent Fly: Yes
Supply Tent Setup: No
In Ground or Above Ground Fire Permitted: Yes
Individual Soldier Tents Permitted: Yes – Indicate to Officer of the Day if bringing your own soldier tent.
Water Provided: Yes – from Court House Museum
Straw Provided: No
Firewood Provided: No
Impression: Civilian clothing. Otherwise, militia. Otherwise, Delaware Continental.
Kit Level: Civilian or militia.
Musket Firing: Yes
Contact Musician Sergeant-Major for music to be played at this event. Military calls also to be demonstrated too if possible.
Impression: Civilians and civilian followers of a militia camp.
Table Displays Permitted: Yes – please indicate display you wish to show to Officer of the Day or Civilian Camp Coordinator (if applicable).
Please assist in setup and/or breakdown if possible. Also – please bring camera or video camera to take photographs or video if possible. We will look to take posed photos that will be used to help educate the public if possible at each event this year.
Registered as Attending:
- Chris Mlynarczyk - Military - Soldier
- Tom DeMott - Military - Soldier - Officer of the Day
- Terry Dunham - Military - Soldier
- John Osborn - Military - Soldier
- Kevin O'Malley - Military - Soldier / Seperate Exhibitor - Sketch Artist
- Marsha Bell - Civilian