Time & Location
Aug 05, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Chadds Ford, 630 Baltimore Pike, Chadds Ford, PA 19317, USA
About the event
Limited to the 20 participants, civilian or military, all welcome. First come, first serve.
Must register by 3pm on July 22, 2023.
Payment is required to Regiment by July 31, 2023
$50 per person
Can be paid via Paypal, check or cash mailed to Treasurer.
112 Kent Dr
Clayton, DE 19938
Dyeing (10am – 2pm)
Discussion on dyeing
Prep of Madder Red and Indigo dye baths
Dyeing and/or wax resist dyeing of 35’x35’ silk kerchief (this will be provided)
Dyeing of other materials individuals bring such as wool or fabric if dye baths provide enough
Housewife making (2pm – 5pm)
Discussion on Housewife and purpose
Instructions on the construction
All materials provided to individually make one.
(Precut fabric will be provided but participants are welcome to bring their own if they want.
What to Wear:
-18th Century civilian clothing
What to Bring:
- Attendees may bring their own fabric for their Housewife: Cotton, wool, or linen would have been used, pattern will be provided
- Sewing kit with needle, thread (various colors), scissors, pins, measuring tape, and marking pen.
- Drinks and snacks - Regiment will provide Hoagies
Registered As Attending:
- Chris Mlynarczyk - Military - Soldier
- Linzi Hamilton - Civilian
- Heloise Osborn - Civilian
- Lynn King - Civilian