Sat, Jun 08|
211 Delaware St
Separation Day (LH) 2019
http://www.sepdayde.com/ Notes: This is an all day living history event in historic New Castle, DE.
Time & Location
Jun 08, 2019, 8:00 AM – Jun 09, 2019, 4:00 PM
211 Delaware St, 211 Delaware St, New Castle, DE 19720, USA
About the event
Notes: This is now and all weekend living history event in historic New Castle, DE. This is a parade and encampment event that is the main event on Saturday. It is our premiere event within the State of Delaware! Please make every effort to attend this event! Please see below for more information.
Special to 2019: In addition - this year we are permitted to overnight Friday and Saturday nights there on the historic New Castle Green. We have three other units joining us this year - the 1st Maryland, 1st Virginia, and 1st Rhode Island. We will be having one large camp kitchen area. We will also have soldier's tents and an officer's tent too as part of the encampment area throughout the weekend.
Schedule for Weekend:
1:30pm-5pm – 1st Delaware Regiment Setup Encampment at Historic New Castle Green
6pm – 9:30pm – Separation Day Kickoff - Enjoy live music, craft beer and food trucks in a block-party setting in front of the historic New Castle Court House. Admission is free. Food and drink will be available for purchase with tips benefiting New Castle’s Minquadale and Goodwill volunteer fire departments. Featured performer: Big Package
8am – All Arrive – Please plan ahead and look to be at the Encampment Area at the Green by this time. Additional setup will still be needed and all.
9am – Roll Call – Each unit will do roll call for their members
10am – Parade Lineup Area for All Parade Participants
11am – Parade Kickoff
Immediately Post-Parade – Group Photo Shoot
Noon-1pm – Lunch
2pm – Detachment Marches to Battery Park – Demo at Battery Park – Return by 3pm
3pm – 4pm – Light Drill / Displays/Demos in Encampment Area
4pm - 5pm – Blanket Sale in Encampment Area
5pm – Dinner
Immediately after Sunset – Fireworks at Battery Park
Church Services at local churches – there are 4 within walking distance
11am – Noon – Brunch
Noon – 1pm – Light Drill / Displays in Encampment Area
1pm – Historic Play Next to Court House on Green
3pm – Begin Breakdown of Encampment on Green
1st Delaware Regiment Specific:
Length of Event: All Day 10am – 4pm public hours
Arrival Time For Regiment: 8am
Parking: Please park in historic New Castle behind or to side of the Green after unloading at our encampment area on the historic Green or park in lot just outside of town and take bus in and out of area. See website for more info.
Restrooms: Portapotties and Indoors Restroom in Courthouse
Food and Beverages Provided: Yes – by Regiment or event organizer for lunch.
Encampment Setup Level: Large
Camp Kitchen Setup: Yes
Camp Kitchen Tent Fly: Yes
Supply Tent Setup: Yes
In Ground or Above Ground Fire Permitted: Yes
Individual Soldier Tents Permitted: Yes – Indicate to Officer of the Day if bringing your own soldier tent.
Water Provided: Yes – check with staff at location
Straw Provided: No
Firewood Provided: Yes – check with staff at location
Impression: Delaware Continental uniform preferred. Early war impression. Regimental or Hunting Frock.
Kit Level: Full kit
Musket Firing: Yes
Contact Musician Sergeant-Major for music to be played at this event. Military calls also to be demonstrated too if possible.
Impression: Civilian followers of a military camp.
Table Displays Permitted: Yes. Check with Officer of the Day or Civilian Camp Coordinator (if applicable) about any displays or demonstrations.
Please assist in setup and/or breakdown if possible. Also – please bring camera or video camera to take photographs or video if possible. We will look to take posed photos that will be used to help educate the public if possible at each event this year.
Registered as Attending (Saturday only unless otherwise indicated):
1. Chris Mlynarczyk - Military - Soldier - Officer of the Day (OOD) - All Weekend
2. John Foskey - Military - Soldier - Captain - All Weekend
3. Jeff Gibson - Military - Soldier
4. Tom Marvel - Military - Soldier - Regimental Surgeon
5. Robert Allen - Military - Soldier
6. John Osborn - Military - Soldier
7. Tom DeMott - Military - Soldier
8. Terry Dunham - Military - Soldier
9. Henry Lewicki - Military - Soldier
10. Sandy Lewicki - Military - Soldier
11. Blaise Glowiak - Military - Soldier
12. Fane Wheeler - Military - Soldier
13. Logan Wheeler - Military - Soldier
14. Michael Cordeiro - Military - Soldier
15. Markus - Military - Soldier Recruit
16. Tyrus VanDyke - Military - Soldier - Sunday Only
17. Kurt Crispin - Military - Soldier - Sunday Only
18. Ann Baxter (formerly Cooper) - Military - Musician - Fifer - Lead Musician
19. Carol Acosta (formerly Nicastro) - Military - Musician - Fifer
20. Anthony Gambacorta - Musician - Drummer
21. Alicia Gibson - Civilian - Civilian Camp Coordinator (CCC) + 2 Kids:
22. Ellie Gibson - Civilian
23. Beatrix Gibson - Civilian
24. Lynn Allen - Civilian
25. Linzi Hamilton - Civilian - Camp Cook - All Weekend
26. Heloise Osborn - Civilian
27. Marsha Bell - Civilian
28. Philip Webb - Military - Soldier
1st Marylanders Attending:
- Luke Henninger - Soldier - Drummer
- Fred Bloch - Soldier
- Geoff Wood - Soldier
- Colin Carter - Soldier
- Nils Olson – Soldier
- Myra Wood - Civilian
- Amy Zerwas - Civilian
1st Virginia Attending:
1. Marshall Smith - Officer - Leader
8. Dave Embrey - Musician
9. Vicki Embrey - Musician
1st Rhode Island Attending:
1. Antoine Watts - Soldier