Sat, Nov 10|
Siege of Fort Mifflin Weekend (R/T)
This is a full weekend reenactment event at historic Fort Mifflin in Philadelphia, PA.
Time & Location
Nov 10, 2018, 8:00 AM – Nov 12, 2018, 4:00 PM
Fort Mifflin, Fort Mifflin, Philadelphia, PA 19153, USA
About the event
Notes: This is a full weekend reenactment event at historic Fort Mifflin in Philadelphia, PA. If overnighting we will look to setup arrangements in one of the buildings onsite inside the fort. We will NOT be onsite on Friday evening but starting on Saturday early morning. Event ends Sunday afternoon. Please see below for additional information.
Length of Event: All Weekend 10am – 4pm public hours
Arrival Time For Regiment: 9am each day
Parking: Please park up in designated parking lot after unloading.
Restrooms: Restrooms next to Visitor Center
Food and Beverages Provided: Yes – by Regiment or event organizer for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.
Encampment Setup Level: Large
Camp Kitchen Setup: Yes
Camp Kitchen Tent Fly: No
Supply Tent Setup: No – inside fortification in room
In Ground or Above Ground Fire Permitted: Yes – in fireplaces
Individual Soldier Tents Permitted: No – not needed for this event.
Water Provided: Yes – check with staff at location
Straw Provided: No
Firewood Provided: Yes – check with staff at location
Impression: Delaware Continental uniform preferred. Early - mid war impression. Regimental or Hunting Frock.
Kit Level: Full kit
Musket Firing: Yes
Contact Musician Sergeant-Major for music to be played at this event. Military calls also to be demonstrated too if possible.
Impression: Civilian followers of a military camp.
Table Displays Permitted: Yes – please indicate display you wish to show to Officer of the Day or Civilian Camp Coordinator (if applicable).
Please assist in setup and/or breakdown if possible. Also – please bring camera or video camera to take photographs or video if possible. We will look to take posed photos that will be used to help educate the public if possible at each event this year.
- Chris Mlynarczyk – Military – Soldier - Officer of the Day (default) - Saturday and Sunday (overnight in MIRV)
- John Foskey – Military – Soldier - Officer of the Day (if present) - Saturday and Sunday
- Jeff Gibson – Military – Soldier - Saturday and Sunday
- Terry Dunham – Military – Soldier - Saturday Only
- Chris Theibault – Military – Soldier - Saturday and Sunday (late Sunday morning) - Needs bayonet
- Blaise Glowiak – Military – Soldier – Needs musket, bayonet, and coat - Saturday and Sunday
- Will Harrell - Military - Soldier - Saturday and Sunday - Needs musket, bayonet, and coat
- Adam Fahringer - Military - Soldier - Recruit - Saturday only (will outfit as needed) - First Event!
- Tom Marvel - Military - Soldier / Surgeon - Display in Museum area - Saturday and Sunday
- Alicia Gibson – Civilian + 2 kids Beatrix and Ellie – Civilian Camp Coordinator - Saturday and Sunday
- Beatrix Gibson
- Ellie Gibson
- Jenna Dean – Civilian + 2 kids Ollie and Wynnie - Saturday and Sunday (late Saturday morning)
- Lynn King - CIvilian