Sun, Dec 09|
Washington Crossing Rehearsal (R/T)
This is a recreation of the famous Washington crossing the Delaware River. Free boat ride for soldiers and musicians!
Time & Location
Dec 09, 2018, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Washington Crossing, Washington Crossing, PA 18977, USA
About the event
Washington Crossing Rehearsal - Washington Crossing, PA (R/T)
Notes: This is an all day event at historic Washington Crossing, PA. You MUST Sign up and register individually too for this event. See second link above for you to register yourself. Please ensure your affiliation is with 1st Delaware Regiment (we are listed at bottom of units list). Free breakfast and boat ride. Please sign up for soldier crossing the river or if civilian then civilian not crossing the river.
From the Event Organizers:
Thank you for volunteering to participate in the 65th Annual Washington Crossing the Delaware event.
The event schedules for both days are included below.
• For Dress Rehearsal: Please arrive before 9:45 am to sign in at the Re-enactors tent.
• Please park behind the historic buildings on General Washington Blvd. See map below.
• The Re-enactors tent is located behind the Visitor’s Center. A Continental breakfast will be available during check-in. A light lunch will be served prior to the program. Both will be served in the Re-enactors tent.
• During the sign-in process, you will need to sign in and receive a wristband if you are crossing the river. A detailed schedule for re-enactors will also be available and is included below. Please take one, and a program, if desired. Please be at your assigned locations promptly.
• When you leave the tent, you must have your musket inspected, if you have one onsite. There will be safety inspectors just outside for that purpose. Unit commanders may, and will likely, conduct safety during the day. This is part of the presentation and does not excuse you from the inspection conducted at check-in.
• Proper period clothing is required. Not conforming to clothing guidelines is grounds for immediate dismissal.
• Do not bring any cartridges, black powder, filled powder horns, etc. unless you are specifically requested to do so. Absolutely no live rounds are permitted on the site!
Dress Rehearsal is open to the public from 10 am until 4 pm.
During that time, we ask you to interact with members of the public, especially children and pre-teens. Begin the conversation, don’t wait for them. “Can I answer a question for you?” The parents will like you for that, and the kids won’t generally ask you something until you engage them in the discussion. Indicate your willingness to answer questions about your portrayal, the events surrounding the Crossing, life in the 18th century and other topics about which you have knowledge to share. Be willing to have your picture taken. Review details in Fischer’s Washington’s Crossing and other sources. Have a story or two ready to share.
Please don’t stand in groups with your backs to the public. This discourages the interaction that they would like to have. It is acceptable to say, “I am not sure. This is my first time here/I don’t know as much as I would like about that topic/Please go to the rope line and ask for ______. (S)he knows a lot about that.”
Volunteers are always welcome to assist with the cleanup.
8:45 – 10:00 Re-enactor Registration
10:00 – 11:25 Speak with Park Visitors
11:30 Boat Barn Briefing
12:00 – 12:20 Speak with Park Visitors
12:25 Soldiers Assemble behind Oliver Taylor House
Artillery, PA Shore Guard and Security Detail take positions as assigned
12:30 – 12:45 Line Up in Formation
1:00 Step Off
Length of Event: All Day – 10am – 4pm
Arrival Time For Regiment: 8:30am
Parking: Please park on to right of Visitor Center and right of main street (bridge crossing) – look for sign for reenactor parking.
Restrooms: Indoors – fully functioning inside Visitor Center
Food and Beverages Provided: Yes – by Regiment or event organizer for lunch.
Encampment Setup Level: None
Impression: Delaware Continental uniform preferred. Early war.
Kit Level: Full kit
Musket Firing: No
Contact Musician Sergeant-Major for music to be played at this event. Military calls also to be demonstrated too if possible.
Impression: Civilian followers of a military camp.
Table Displays Permitted: Yes – please indicate display you wish to show to Officer of the Day or Civilian Camp Coordinator (if applicable).
Please assist in setup and/or breakdown if possible. Also – please bring camera or video camera to take photographs or video if possible. We will look to take posed photos that will be used to help educate the public if possible at each event this year.
- Chris Mlynarczyk - Military - Soldier
- John Foskey - Military - Soldier
- Ralph Denlinger - Military - Soldier
- Jeff Gibson - Military - Soldier
- Terry Dunham - Military - Soldier
- Tom DeMott - Military - Soldier
- Chris Schad - Military - Soldier
- Chris Theibault - Military - Soldier
- Robert Allen - Military - Soldier
- John Osborn - Military - Soldier
- Will Harrell - Military - Soldier
- Jacob Martin - Military- Soldier
- Tyrus Van Dyke - Military - Soldier - Recruit
- Kurt Crispin - Military - Soldier - Recruit
- Alicia GIbson - Civilian + 2 kids
- Lynn Allen - Civilian
- Heloise Osborn - Civilian
- Jenna Dean + 2 kids
- Lynn King - Civilian